View Single Post
Old 01-15-20, 10:19 AM
Nyah
QR-disc must die!!!

Bikes: '99 Trek 520, '20 Kona Sutra (FOR SALE 48cm), '21 Simon-Bikes mini-velo and a chromoly-framed folding bicycle with drop-bars and V-brakes, that rolls even while folded.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 147 Posts
Originally Posted by friendlyguy1234
I am looking to buy a new bike and have chosen the bike that I want. There is an LBS that I want to support near me and I want to order the bike through them, but they aren't an official dealer of that brand. Can I still order that bike through them? Many thanks in advance!
At my local LBS, I was talking just casually about the bike I'm interested in (a brand that they don't carry), and they volunteered to get it for me to buy. I told them I'd keep that in mind. Later on though, it occurred to me that having the correct size requires trying at least two of them. Would they be willing to get the two different sizes? I might even rather try the bike and then have them order me the frame (comes in a more preferable color) with other components (especially the wheels) to make up a more optimal bicycle. It's either this or drive 45 minutes to an official dealer of the brand.