View Single Post
Old 01-16-20, 12:08 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 215 Posts
First, I have on more than one occasion, started accounts on internet fora to ask a question or getr involved in a discussion, and then forgotten that I had the account a week later.

Second, I do know of instances where a shop ordered a bike from a manufacturer whose bikes they did not normally carry. However, it was not a Trek dealer ordering a Giant or a Specialized dealer ordering a Cannondale - in Canada, many smaller boutique brands do not have a strong network of dealers or distributors - the volume they expect to do in Canada (1/10th the population of USA) is not worth it to them or their distributors to jump through the necessary hoops. So if you live in a smaller center and want a Santa Cruz or Moots or Ventana or something, a local shop will often work with the manufacturer to bring one in for a paying customer. They will generally not bring in a few in different sizes as those would almost definitely collect dust on the shop floor until they finally managed to sell it at a loss.