Old 01-21-20, 11:50 AM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 97 Posts
I've used Speedplays for the last... 15? years but last year as my most recent pair of S-Works shoes were worn out after 8 years or so decided to give SPD a try. So got A600 pedals and Dominator 7 SR shoes - I have narrow, low volume feet, and use S-Works shim inserts for pronation, which fit perfectly in the 7 SR's. I was hesitant thinking they'd be mushy (there are so many mtb shoes that are little more than sneakers with screw holes), but those shoes work great for me. Good on the bike, walkable, compatible with all my other bikes. (I use M540 pedals for commuting.) Just ordered a pair of the new Dominator 10's; the velcro on the 7's does a number on my shoe covers, and I like to wear thicker socks in winter so went up a half size on the 10's. I couldn't find anyone locally with them in stock so ordered from CC, so will have to see how they fit, if like the 7's I suspect these may become my regular road shoe. If they fit sorta okay I'll probably only use them in winter. If they don't fit at all I'll return them. In general I prefer to have only one pair of shoes, but it never hurts to have a properly fitting spare pair.