View Single Post
Old 01-25-20, 01:49 AM
Raxel

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by weight4it
A) I noticed something called a 3SIXTY Chrome Steel Folding Bike - is this compatible to be retro-fitted with Brompton bits?
B) Fnhon Freedom Aluminum Folding Bike -this is clearly smaller than a Brompton but it only weighs (7.1 in one description) 8.5kg (in another). Still very light! Anyone got one of these?
C) Fnhon Gust - Shimano Sora 9 speed, 8.5kg. I like that it shares the commonly used Shimano Sora components, very interesting.
Thanks
A) 3SIXTY is almost fully compatible with brompton parts (which you shouldn't use), which means you can easily shave the weight using lightweight third party wheelset, seatpost, etc
B) Fnhon bikes are very lightweight but has very short wheelbase and top tube. Also it has center-hinged aluminium frame, not a very reliable combination.
C) You can you any groupset for folders - lot of people I know use SRAM eTap on their folders (including bromptons)

If you are fine with only 2-3 speed you may get a cheap used Brompton (or 3sixty if you can get one cheap) and lighten it up. It doesn't cost a fortune to make one as light as 8.5kg!