Old 01-25-20, 12:11 PM
silverado8405

Bikes: 2007 Trek 820, 2014 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Muc-off Lubes

Saw a comment in one of the waxing threads about hearing others experience with Muc-Off dry lubes so figured I get the ball rolling.

Personally I’ve been using the Muc-Off stuff for over a year now. My primary is the C-3 dry lube and unless I get caught in the rain I get a weeks worth of riding out of one application, for me that equates to around 120-130 miles a week. Between each application I clean everything well, with the C-3 dry it only takes soapy water and a sponge whereas the hydrodynamic and C-3 wet require solvents, and lube a drop per roller. If I know I’m going to be in crud (or several day trip where the weather could be iffy) then I’ll use one of the wet lubes. I try and stay away from the wet stuff as it gets that really thick, sticky, nasty black crud everywhere. The dry does get dirty after a week but not overly gross like the wet stuff. It will leave some black marks on your fingers but they wash off with a squirt of the water bottle.

Overall I’ve been impressed with it enough to stop waxing my chains and use it exclusively.
Likes For silverado8405: