www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
cudak888

Is it running a Shimano 7 speed freewheel with index shifting? How about I build you a nice tight ratio UG or Sachs Aris 7 speed so you can kick some CF road bike a$$ by sprinting away from the stop lights? What's the tooth count on the front chain ring?

BTW, Mrs. PB is heading out of town for the week, so one project high on my list is to finish packing your long-over-due '50s Raleigh Sports and ship it away from this lousy winter wonderland. I can include the freewheel in the box. I might even have an RD to compliment it.

I see what you mean by the high BB! Just looking at a straight line from the drops to the BB spindle when comparing your Birdy with my Dahon reveals the difference.
It is a 7-speed HG cassette, which I wish was a corncob with a single bailout gear. Don't remember the front tooth count, but it's probably 60 or so; I'll check tonight.

No worries on the '51 Sports. Remember the Spin bike project? It went from 80 bikes to the 440 left in the warehouse - San Diego only wanted the locks and number plates, so they made me a present of the remainder! I'm down to about 90 now, but since the warehouse is closing out at the end of the month, Spin is moving the rest to their main warehouse for me. Spent the entire weekend moving 25 home for pickup by one of the non-profits (they had to pick the last day of the month) and I have some extras kicking about as well, so I'm way past capacity at the moment! But whenever you are ready

I've got to put the Birdy side-by-side with the Superior so you can see how absurdly high the BB is. If it wasn't for the 18" wheels and the nagging feeling I get that the frameset is immensely underbuilt, this thing would be a folding mountainbike candidate.

Immensely overengineered the German way, but built out of parts bought at ACE Hardware and immensely under-tested. That's my sum review of the Birdy

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 01-27-20 at 06:30 AM.