Old 01-30-20, 12:51 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10953 Post(s)
Liked 7,481 Times in 4,184 Posts
Originally Posted by aabb
I understand your intentions, but the way you worded a large portion of your response is not great. Comes across as negative. If you don't feel like answering my questions, then great, don't answer - no one is forcing you. You could just read what I have to say and not reply.
Its unfortunate you found my post to be negative and not great. Its directly stated accurate information. It wasnt polite, but it wasnt meant to be. It was meant to recap your process to show you trends(which you have missed...still).

Secondly, what do you honestly expect? Im completely new to this. I will not take the advice of some LBS who often try to sell bikes that exceed people's needs. I would much rather take the advice of people who just want to help without benefiting financially in some way from my purchase.
Your decision to not blindly take the advice of a bike shop makes sense. Unfortunately, you have continually ignored the advice of posters here when it comes to their questioning the level of bike combined with the lack of experience. Not really sure what you are gaining from posting when the responses have either all been commenting that the bikes are 'nice' or that you are spending 'too much'(both comments are paraphrased).

I am thankful for everyone who has provided tips and suggestions and opinions so far in this thread and the others. It has helped me learn a great deal and day after day I am much better in understanding what bike I want, hence this thread about the test ride as I am getting close to purchasing one.
This is good to hear- buying a bike can be an exciting and confusing process due to the seemingly never ending options available. Not sure why you havent test ridden a bike yet though, especially since you have declared multiple times that you have found the bike you will buy. I would think such a declaration would come after a test ride.

No, this is literally the first thread where people have suggested spending much less. All of my previous threads have been about bike X, bike Y, and how that compares to bike Z.
Well thats just not accurate. Its as if you havent read the threads you started.
Again, its your money and we all spend differently and have different priorities. There is nothing wrong with spending this much on a new bike. Many others have found that they learned a lot from their first bike that was then used when buying their second bike. As you say- you are completely new to this. You dont know what you want/dont want. That only comes with experience.
Likes For mstateglfr: