Old 02-01-20, 10:53 PM
Nick 93

Bikes: 2007 Novara Randonee, 2020 Cannondale Optima Claris, 1993 Raleigh RT500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wphamilton
I have the same question. For me, Sports watch would mean GPS, with pace and average pace (or speed) displayed on the watch in real time, and accurate HR also displayed on the watch in real time. Inexpensive, as compared to a Garmin (any Garmin). If the GPS has to be provided by a phone over bluetooth that's ok - as long as it shows on the watch itself.

The reason I stress "on the watch" and "real time" is that a lot of (or maybe all) of the "fitness watches" that I've shopped say that they provide pace, but when you dig deep enough it's just through the app, and sometimes only after the workout. I'd want it to be a big number, showing on the watch all the time without cycling through someone's idea of a menu tree. The other wish is that I want to see just a number, or two numbers, in as large a font as possible. Not a pretty heart icon that takes up half of the display, that I see on so many of the watches, or the tiny fonts that I'd have to stop and put reading glasses on to see, after cycling to the right menu. I know, it's my own fault for letting my eyes get old but it's still a deal-killer if I can't see the numbers.

Does what I want even exist?
I forgot to read the second page of posts but check out the amazfit bip. I've been using it and it sounds like something you might like.