Old 02-03-20, 11:07 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
file this one under the "where didn't you ride in southern california today" thread. brought the bike out to palm springs. sunday, of course, was uniformly
gorgeous everywhere in the region. knew that it was supposed to be cold and windy everywhere monday. still brought the bike hoping for a break in the weather or
inaccurate forecast(s). nope. set the alarm for 6:30am today. howling wind and cold. reset the alarm for 7:30am. nope. more howling wind and cold. tried again
for 8:30am. haha loser. gave up and went to late breakfast/early lunch at sherman's deli on tahquitz in palm springs around 11am. of course, the wind was about half of what
it was earlier and it was warmer. some days...

i guess the (non) riding highlights of the day were acquiring intel on the oak glen climb above beaumont from both sides (much tougher from beaumont, way easier from yucaipa but
unimpressed with the scenery/roadscape) that i've never done (and prob won't be), rolling down live oak canyon southbound from the 10 fwy exit to san timoteo (pavement okay for
the most part but i wouldn't want to be texting and riding along it) and a decent stretch along san timoteo westbound all the way into loma linda. a lot of san timoteo was newly repaved
but traffic both sides was fast and fierce on a monday from 2:15pm-2:30pm. have only ridden it before 12:30pm and not looking to change that anytime soon. there is some freeway work
currently at the 10/60 interchange on the edge of beaumont which is likely contributing to traffic on san timoteo.

Last edited by diphthong; 02-04-20 at 01:27 AM. Reason: iphone auto-correct/spelling egregiousnessness