Old 02-05-20, 12:18 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2494 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
^^^^^^^
And I'm still waiting for somebody riding something faster here. SIX YEARS and counting. LOL hahahahahaha
Sturmey Archer still rules the roads after 117 years. Primitive technology DeFAILeurs, not so much.....
Thanks for the 6 more views. LOL
I blame myself. I let life get in the way and prevent me from debunking your earlier post in its entirety. Now you come out with this. Defaileurs ... really. The default derailleur topology is a front double with 8/9/10/11 ... 12(!) speed rear end. Done right you can have 14 or more unique ratios for under $100 and up. There are still many, many triple front ends with the same rear configuration in use. Sturmey Archer tops out at ... 8 speeds? Retail price? Weight? Seriously? 1x8. "Medieval Jim, absolutely Medieval". The 14 sp Rohloff costs more than full carbon hybrid 2 x 8's. And until 28 mph Class 3 e-assists came along to strike up the Fear and Loathing in the Luddite Fringe of Cycling Humanity I read post after post (especially in the Tandem threads) recounting supra 45 mph explorations. Now anything over 15mph is regarded with horror and shock. And scorn ... shame ... censure. It's all getting to be a bit much. I am far from ready to retire my heart and lungs to decay and degeneration, but a Trek Allant+ 8s is one sweet bike. I want one. But I may have to settle for a Juiced Bikes CCS2. It is a mistake to think that e-assist equals the end of aerobic capacity. E-assist increases the distance(s) and/or speed(s) that you can cover using your existing level of fitness. How can that be a bad thing? Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way ...