cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2421 Post(s)
Liked 4,388 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
I don't think the bars are original but that cinelli steel stem has got to be pretty old and could well be original. I'll try to get the back story on this. It was originally a shop owner's bike.

Well my original idea was to build it up with a TA triple I have on hand and use campy NR derailleurs with a long cage and use the bike for cycling events.

Based on some of the comments I read, I'm going to leave it alone and build it up as a townie with a B 72. I hate to muck around with a bike that has original gear like this. The bike is a survivor and needs to be treated like one.
I don't really know the late-60s P11's that well - there are precious few P11's out there to start with - but I'd hazard a guess that the steel Cinelli stem is original. If so, check the clamp diameter of the bars and see if they're 26.4.

Those brake cables appear original too. If they are, the cable ends collaborate the upright bar story as well.

Going for a town bike build would be ideal. Chances are it has always been one since new.

-Kurt