cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac
DOH! Missed all that, short or long term barring another short thread spindle find of the more correct kind, pedal washers in the meantime, sub in the Olmo pedals which may be correct for this too or?
I think this is barking up the wrong tree. Though there isn't that much concrete information to suggest the pedals are original, the same could be said for the argument that they are replacements.

Unfortunately, the best I can do here is quote the SLDB's overview of the 1961 catalog - '61 is the only year the components are properly listed - and for the P12 rather than the P11 (though the P12 was Stronglight-equipped and thus mostly the same as the later P11 here save for the Record rear mech):

• MODEL: P12 10-Speed Paramount Road Racer.
  • FRAME: Reynolds 531 butted tubing, Nervex lugs.
  • WHEELS: Weinmann aluminum alloy rims, Campagnolo Record quick release hubs.
  • TIRES: Dunlop 27" x 1"-1"/4" road racing, or tubular sew-up.
  • HANDLEBAR: Aluminum alloy drop handlebars, steel stem.
  • BRAKES: Weinmann center-pull with quick release and hooded levers.
  • CHAIN SET: Double chain wheel -- 49 and 52 tooth -- with Stronglight Competition steel cranks.
  • PEDALS: Lyotard with Christophe toe clips and Lapize straps.
  • GEAR: Campagnolo Gran-Sport 10-speed with bottom shifting levers. Regina rear sprocket -- 14, 16, 18, 21 and 24 tooth -- cable operated from shifting lever.
  • SADDLE: Brooks Competition Standard B"-1"7.
  • COLORS: Any Schwinn color.
  • OPTIONS: Optional at extra cost.
    • White plastic mudguards
    • Campagnolo seat post
    • Campagnolo Gran-Sport pedals
    • Campagnolo Record alloy crank set
    • Chrome plate finish
      • Partial: Fork crown and sides, rear forks, stays and head lugs
      • Full chrome
    • Custom-built made-to-measure frame
Obviously, it doesn't say what model of Lyotards were used (I think the '61 did use a different Lyotard - at any rate, my '61's rusty crankset did have a different model installed), but when a bike has been kept this pristine and virtually unmodified, I'd be considering the possibility that the present pedals are the originals.

I need to dig up the left arm from my '61 Paramount - which still has the pedal on it, IIRC - and see if the pedal threads are too thick or not.

-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 02-07-20 at 04:27 AM.