View Single Post
Old 02-10-20, 01:33 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil Cisum
merziac
Wow, that’s beautiful. I’d love to see final setup photos. I didn’t know the Alpinas were made in mixtes. My wife would have loved to find one of those. She’s gotten used to the top bar height on her 5.7, and I’m always jealous of the components and wheels, which she seems not to care about so much.
Tx!

I'll get the other pics in a few days, standby. I have seen quite a few of these but none recently.

While we're at it, you'll notice I put the "mixte" in quotation as these are not true mixte's not having two separate tubes running from the headtube to the rear dropouts.

This version with the single large TT running to the ST is technically called the Sport version even though the companies called them mixte's.

Another point to bring up here is that mixte's are not women's bikes, it literally translates to universal, unisex, everyone.

It was a utilitarian design, some companies only made them in one version for all.

PS, the very cool Dura in the other thread is also a Sport as well.

Last edited by merziac; 02-10-20 at 01:39 AM.