Old 02-10-20, 04:53 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalvis View Post
I saw an ad on Nextdoor for the bike. It was 1/4 mile from my house. The next thing I remember is putting on my work stand and taking things off to clean.

no labels on the frame (I'm guessing it's a 58 cm). The frame seems straight. Ultegra 6600 with ksyrium elite wheels.

the front wheel needs to be trued. It may need a new headset (it has significant play), the shifters are broken and the chain and cassette are rusted.

I'm thinking of getting dura ace 7800 shifters ($175). I think the chain, cassette and cables would cost a little over $100.

This was obviously an impulse buy and I'm now wondering if I'm spending too much on my $100 purchase.

FYI I haven't bought a bike on 15 years. My last bike was used with dura ace 7700.

Any advice is welcome

Thanks

Dwayne
I think you made a terrible mistake and it is going to put a horrible strain on your marriage being so reckless with your money. So just to help you out and take this burden off your marriage let me come over and give you $100 for it just to get it off your hands...Thanks,mjac
Likes For mjac: