View Single Post
Old 02-15-20, 07:28 AM
Old Fireleg

Bikes: '76 Colnago Super NR,'83 Romani Aero KL/SP SR, '85 Mino Denti Aero Master CR, '86 ALAN Cyclo-cross DA, '89 Bottecchia SLX CR, '90 Colnago Master Piu CR

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by celesteguy
Thank you for the replies! That picture says it all, so I think I'll refrain from any custom paint touch ups or removals.
celestemate!

I apologize once again,for direct expressing my opinion. But for your reassurance: chrome is a beautiful complement but really comes to darker tones. With a midnight blue or a ruby red metallic color is much more uplifting than a pale color like celeste or other pastel colors.They knew it at Bianchi, and they did not accidentally leave it among the first. It was not used in the '70s and' 80s, but perhaps not even in the '60s, while at Colnago, Pinarello etc. appears even on some types in the' 80s.

I have a '93 Genius from the EL-OS era. But it was already made by TIG welding, without lugs. So I'm not going to face this issue. Anyway, I checked the head tube, and I'm sure a white primer was blown underneath the celeste and it seems, but I'm not sure there is no chrome. While the chainstays and the seatstays are chrome.
Scusi maestro Raffaello!

Last edited by Old Fireleg; 02-15-20 at 11:05 AM.