View Single Post
Old 02-17-20, 10:08 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6200 Post(s)
Liked 4,204 Times in 2,358 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesklayer

I did indeed write Moots a second time with my findings and will see what they have to say. The difference I see is not just the "mono-stay" but the shape and design of the seat and chain stays. They do not resemble any Mootour I can find but more so the Pyschlo (stated in my original post). Not sure how else to reiterate that I am simply just curious. Not sure why you care so much to not care.
The “mono-stay” is the seat stay. The whole unit from the seat to the rear dropout is the mono-stay. The chainstays don’t look any different from what the catalog says.

Your comments sound more like you are concerned than you are curious. There is nothing wrong with the bike and Moots has told you what it is.

Yes, 2009 is as far back as I can find in regards to their catalog. I have also scoured the entire internet to try and find something that comes close. I have found one bike that appears to be the Pyschlo/Routt build with a YBB and a brazed on Caliper Mount whereas every single other version I find is Cantilever.

For all I know the original owner is on here and might want to chat. For those who seem to be bothered by my inquiry - I dunno', just stop paying attention?
This one isn’t a YBB

Moots: mootour by Hugger Industries, on Flickr

Same bike. Same configuration.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!