View Single Post
Old 02-18-20, 05:52 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveSSS
Gravel riding is a lot like mtb. The bike logs most of its miles in or on your car or truck. There is no gravel where I live, unless folks are calling mtb trails gravel. You might find a short stretch somewhere, off a paved road, but it won't be very long and may be a private path to someone's home, where you are not welcome.
I hate driving bikes; but, I do drive my bikes to gravel rides and races, OTOH I'm a huge fan of riding to/from races. I'll ride 20 miles (each way) the Westside Dirty Benjamin (100 mile race), and ride 10 miles (each way) to Gravel West (75 mile race). I also car-pool with buddies (4 bikes and riders in my rig). I also ride 6 miles to get to the nearest single-track trails - that's what I did today to ride some fresh snow at Theo in Mpls.

That said, nearly every gravel race has an issue with parking, most people will not ride to the race or car-pool.