View Single Post
Old 02-21-20, 07:37 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 257 Posts
Back 40+ years ago, when I was in college (Ohio State), I HAD to have a college license if I was to have my bike on campus. Of course, OSU insisted that no bikes were to be kept in the dorms. Well, my roomies (and anybody that had a non-beater-bike) took theirs in anyway. My roomies and I took the wheels off our bikes (my Fuji and their Viscounts), stashed the wheels by the headboards of our beds, and frames (minus wheels) under the beds. Nobody saw them at room inspection, and nobody cared. Lots of junk bikes locked up outside, all year. Never saw most of them move - ever.

AND when I was visiting my mother out in the Phoenix area a few years ago, I was able to score my Miyata 710 from a graduating senior at Arizona State that was taking a job out-of-state, and didn't want to take it with him. Craigslist find. Best $120 I ever spent. Heck, I spent more to ship it home to Ohio via BikeFlights (plus LBS packing fee) than I paid for the darn thing.

So yeah, I get whey there are a multitude of bikes abandoned at college campuses.

Last edited by Cougrrcj; 02-21-20 at 08:56 PM.