Old 02-23-20, 09:47 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by fly135
IMO, just having hydraulic disk brakes pretty much means it's worth at least $200. Kind of weird to me to put "sale pending" in the ad. As a buyer I would find that a turn off. CL is IMO first come first serve. I'd only hold something for as long as it takes to drive to the meeting location and show it. If it sells before some buyer gets off work then too bad. Nobody is reliable on CL. I've had people cancel showing up after saying they were on their way.
Yea, I put that on until I sold it Saturday morning. I accepted $200 just to get it sold. The guy had been negotiating with me for several days and was driving over 2 hours to meet up with me. Had I been more willing to wait till spring, when the flurry of buying a bike goes on, I more than likely could have gotten it closer to $300. And yes, had someone else piped up about paying what I initially asked for, I would have gone for the higher offer rather than $200, but had far too many people contacting me only to offer $150-$180. Oh and I sold it off Facebook Market Place. Strange, I really didn't get many people contacting me from Craigslist this time. Maybe 2 and that was it. Prior years, I put 3 bikes up for sale on Craigslist and had them all sold within 4 days and got what I wanted for them. But, that was spring time.

As for now I wanted it sold so I can make room in garage for the new Scott mountain bike for my son and whatever mountain bike for me. Still haven't chosen which one I want yet. Been testing out too many nice bikes at moment and just haven't decided yet.

Last edited by travbikeman; 02-23-20 at 09:52 AM.
Likes For travbikeman: