Old 02-23-20, 05:22 PM
Manny66 

Bikes: 1973 Colnago Super, Litespeed Classic , Automoto , Pinarello Gavia TSX,Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra,Eddy Merckx EMX-5 , 1982 Moser SL, Concorde TSX, Vitus 979 KAS. Diamant SLX,60's Meteor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 327 Posts
Originally Posted by daviddavieboy
Not on purpose, but I did a fair bit of walking in my Bonty classique shoes and they are not great but not horrible either. Those Bonty shoes are supposed to be Kangaroo leather and only took a couple hundred miles to break in by tying them a bit tight (no socks) and they molded to my feet. I would have prefered to use my modern shoes but like I said I didn't want to mark them up as the sole is white and only appears to be painted, along with the toeclip concern I had. These old shoes I picked up fit great as well but I have yet to try them except on the trainer. I may try to find some of those cleats just in case.
A little bit of advice on shoes/boots. Get a good sized glob of Vaseline and rub it into the inside of your shoes( dont be shy with the vaseline). Work it into the inside shoe and cover the entire inside of the shoe with it. Let it sit for a day then go for a ride . Your shoes wil be well "Broken In" after your first ride.

Ive been doing this to all my boots and leather shoes since my Marine Corps Drill Instructor made us all do it to our new leather boots.(30 years ago) No blisters or hot spot issues. It works.
Likes For Manny66: