Old 02-26-20, 12:26 AM
elladaddy

Bikes: '18 Elephant National Forest Explorer, '08 Look 585, Bottecchia Campione del Mundo, '00 Rocky Mountain Element TO, '75 Motobecane GR 650B, '92 Trek 1400, '13 Public R16/Bionx; (Recent: '90 Specialized Allez Epic, '87 Trek 560EX, Kona Explosif)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by ksryder View Post
I didn't really follow all the technical explanations but I went through this a couple years ago and found out that Tiagra 4700 derailleurs were designed to be compatible with the new generations of 105 and Ultegra re: cable pull.

If that's what you're asking. If not, carry on.

Thanks KRS!

That's great to know because I just found out today that I find Tiagra hydraulic levers to be extremely ugly. Dealbreaker for me XD

I also since believe I've seen that Shimano's compatibility charts confirm your statement.

New Super SLR is slightly different from SLR-EV. By Andy's measurement EV seems to have more initial cable pull and about 10% more final mechanical advantage than "New".

When mixing and matching lever and brakes, the added flexibility might be handy.

Unfortunately Shimano's product page lists the 4700 as both "EV" *and* "New". Argh!

Last edited by elladaddy; 02-26-20 at 12:35 AM.