View Single Post
Old 02-27-20, 06:09 PM
CyclingBK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Sito
Thanks to everyone for all the advice. I think I am doing most of the things you are suggesting, I am pretty much constantly drinking water or green tea, sometimes coffee. I'd say I eat quite healthy for my main meals. I eat a big bowl of oatmeal with fruit for breakfast every morning, quite often vegetables with rice or pasta for lunch/dinner, sweet potatoes, fish, not so much meat...generally trying to eat healthy.

So I think my main meals are fine, it's the cravings inbetween that are the "problem". I don't generally eat potato chips or cheetos or anything like that but nuts, sometimes a few cookies, peanut butter and jam rice cakes, fruit, maybe some Jamon Serrano or Cheese (I live in Spain!)...not totally terrible stuff but it's the amount that I want to reduce

And yes, I don't have any problem with my weight at all in terms of health/appearance. I am 1.94 and about 85kg right now, so pretty slim. This whole thing is mostly about cycling performance. I ride a lot and train pretty hard to keep up with the crazy guys in my weekend grupeta...,when I am in shape I have no problem doing so in the flat and shorter climbs...but I can't keep up with the lighter guys on the longer climbs. If I could control my eating a bit better and lose 2 or 3 kg I could stay with the front group a little longer on those climbs I know, sounds ridiculous, but it sucks to train hard all the time and then sabotage the whole thing by eating too much

I eat lean meat protein, big portions, twice a day. I understand that it’s carbs that are the main fuel source for cycling so I know if you ride a lot, you gotta eat lots of carbs. I don’t cycle anywhere near what most guys out here do, so take it with a grain of salt, and maybe it’s because I spend as much time lifting weights as cycling, but I just need couple of nice servings of lean protein a day to feel satisfied.

Like for lunch, I’ll need a good portion of salmon or turkey, big serving of veg, and some potatoes or rice.

Im wondering if you add some animal protein for lunch, you’d feel more satisfied.