View Single Post
Old 02-27-20, 10:14 PM
corrado33

Bikes: 199? Landshark Roadshark, 198? Mondonico Diamond, 1987 Panasonic DX-5000, 1987 Bianchi Limited, Univega... Chrome..., 1989 Schwinn Woodlands, Motobecane USA Record, Raleigh Tokul 2

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1131 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
The non-drilled levers indicate NR more than SR. That was really the bigger reason for the SR designation because of the weight savings. Which was minimal. If they have never been installed they are likely worth more to a collector, even with the wrong box. For some reason the boxes have a value as well which is hard for me to comprehend as you don't carry the boxes down the road with you as you ride. But then again I'm not very smart. Smiles, MH

They've definitely been installed... albeit briefly. They're not clean and the levers have obvious scratches from being wrecked and scraping along the ground. Although the brakes themselves will LOOK new once I give them a quick scrub. (I'd never advertise them that way though.)

The pads are campy and they look brand new, so my guess is someone bought a bike that had these installed, then decided they wanted SR stuff instead (perhaps after wrecking once or twice.)