View Single Post
Old 03-02-20, 01:39 AM
ttakata73

Bikes: *1998 GT Forte Ti 700c, Totem KDS-D 26" fatbike, BirdyGT 18", Brompton M2LX 16"

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I don't think any of the cheaper folders were designed for tall or heavy people. They seem to be mostly for shorter and lighter people under 6'/200lb unless you go with a Western brand like Brompton H or Bike Friday. Even the German designed Birdy maxes out under 2 meters. You'll definitely want to check the weight limit or risk injury. Reason why everyone in the UK has a Brompton is you can take it inside with you and it won't snap in half like a cheaper bike. Anything left outside you know will be stolen. I'd save up for a used Brompton H or get a complete beater bike, paint it pink, and hope it doesn't get stolen outside.

Originally Posted by Stephen0556
Hi everyone,

I really want to buy a fold up bike for general commuting around my area. I do not have any space for a regular bike. I am 6ft 2" and am finding it hard to find a cheap and cheerful bike for around the price of £200 that has the right size frame for me. I found an ecosmo fold mountain bike online for this price but the frame is only 17.5" and I am worried this will be too small. I would really appreciate it if anyone had any suggestions for the sort of fold up bike that would be good for me.

I live in the UK

Thank you for any responses you have