Old 03-03-20, 09:29 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Californian here. We have the same issues, but tbf, our summer months are filled with Michelob Ultra auditions and sitting on the beach and waxing our surfboards.

I have both a like and dislike for it. Last year I raced in a 21f start time and dnf'ed because my lungs couldn't handle the cold. For the most part our winter races aren't nearly as bad, but we have a handful at elevation that present the same issues.

In regards to burnout; I've had it every year. For me it occurs when I take a long period off the bike (3+ days) and realize there are funner things to do, and the bike isn't as fun. This usually happens in the winter because the social element disappears (less group rides). I'll start playing a new video game and get hooked on it. This year it happened because I was training so hard, I was almost scared to get back into those types of workouts again. Its hard for 2 hobbies to coexist because I want to be competitive, and being competitive and having a diverse and varied lifestyle can rarely co exist.

The bad thing about the annual winter burnout is its probably cost me an upgrade, as I would be overweight and off form and wouldn't be competitive until the end of the season (August). Its not as bad this year but I probably wont be there til May.
Likes For furiousferret: