Old 03-10-20, 03:27 PM
Chistophe516

Bikes: 2003 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
When I was a kid and rode bmx, I would ride my bike everywhere and I never thought stop signs applied to me. When I started cycling this year I had the same attitude, and didn’t even realize I was in the wrong. I will say I don’t understand why I would need to come to a stop and un clip when there is no traffic coming from either direction. To me that seems over kill and a waste of my time.
This indirectly reminded me of the town(pop. 500) I moved from in Nov.'2019. In the last couple of years. They put speed bumps in the town. The speed bump that was placed halfway between two intersections. Was smart thinking. But the TWO speed bumps placed at the SAME INTERSECTION. Was absolute idiocy. On the part of the town government. While I have clip-less pedals. I told them. I was not going to get off my bike to walk it around the speed bumps. Because it would have taken longer to go through the intersection. Especially if the school bus or garbage contractor had been behind me. I would have received funny looks.

Last edited by Chistophe516; 04-01-20 at 08:56 PM.