Old 03-12-20, 07:37 AM
DaveSSS 

Bikes: Cinelli superstar disc, two Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked 559 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert A
I don't understand this comment. How is countersteering continuous? I thought you did it only once to initiate the turn.
The mistake made in most videos is they fail to mention that countersteering pressure on the bars is required to maintain a turn. They switch to watching the direction of the front tire, which does not matter. It's the correct amount of constant pressure that matters.

The highly experienced motorcycle cop that taught my training course was very clear. Push on the right to turn right - just the opposite of slow speed turning. The bike will lean to the right and turn right. If you ever quit pushing, the bike will return to it's straight ahead path. Pushing harder or lowering speed will both tighten the turn. The angle of the bars or front tire was never mentioned because they don't matter. If you couldn't get that through your head, you'd never complete the series of turns on the training course. One of my earliest motorcycle rides was from my home in Highlands Ranch, Colorado to Idaho Springs, through the mountains. I made it through many tight turns with no problem.