Old 03-12-20, 08:09 AM
Papa Tom

Bikes: The same GT Outpost Mountain bike I've been riding since 1996, although I modify it throughout the year for commuting, touring, and recreational riding.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 133 Posts
I don't have any plans to tour outside of the USA, but I do go out of state every summer, and this always involves a ferry, a train, and a hotel. I, personally, don't plan to drastically alter my behavior over something that, at worst, can kill me, but the world might make certain decisions for me that I can't anticipate right now. Maybe all ferry travel will be halted because someone is afraid the virus will blow over from a nearby cruise ship. Maybe the Long Island Rail Road will cancel any routes that pass through Corona, Queens, in fear of people contracting Coronavirus by power-of-suggestion. Or maybe all Hilton hotels across America will be shut down because someone in the Hamptons (an upscale Long Island summer community) catches a cold and some Facebooker botches a post, stating that someone in a Hampton Inn tested positive and, therefore, all Hilton-owned chains should be avoided.

We just don't know at this point. It's a serious issue because, in my opinion, nobody seems to be a verified resource for valid, useful information right now. I'm gonna choose to live, though.

Last edited by Papa Tom; 03-12-20 at 02:36 PM.
Likes For Papa Tom: