Thread: Frustrated.
View Single Post
Old 03-12-20, 02:06 PM
Sertsa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 164 Times in 67 Posts
I still have swelling and have to be careful following an accident (and botched surgery) about 15 years ago, and had problems similar to yours for a while. If you can, see a doctor about the swelling and especially bleeding. I don't think it's right you're still have troubles from an accident that long ago--as it wasn't for me--and it's extremely frustrating. It can also get very problematic, as it did in my case as I wound up getting an infection. Please don't let that happen.

I wound up working with a plastic surgeon who recommended compression socks after the bleeding stopped, which I've worn since. When I had bleeding, I covered the wound with sterile gauze then wrapped my foot, ankle, and leg with an ace bandage, starting from the bottom and wrapping up. The plastic surgeon said to do it that way to prevent blood from pooling. (I don't know why none of the other doctors had mentioned that). That helped me heal, but this is only my experience, so please talk to your doctors (and/or find better ones).