View Single Post
Old 03-15-20, 02:12 AM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
The U.S. bill of rights doesn't really say anything clearly about arming oneself. People interpret it to help themselves or their cause but really I don't think it is clear enough to use for any real argument. I personally enjoy shooting sports (non-living and inanimate targets) and support self defense so I am not anti I just am practical and realize grasping at straws doesn't help the cause.

As far as criminal elements I cannot control them but I can say being armed with no training or practice could end up worse for you. I do not recommend just arming yourself and thinking you will know what to do. That is a dangerous proposition which could end up with you or someone innocent hurt or in worse shape then if you hadn't. I am not saying one shouldn't carry something but one should learn how to use it especially with ranged weapons like a pepper spray or firearm or bow and arrow or anything like that.

I figured Fox might also offer, I knew that Sabre did but glad others are as well.
Originally Posted by rebel1916
Ah no to the illegal weapon and no to the "excessive force" which isn't a crime FFS. If you were to spray someone without justification, you could certainly be charged with whatever your states low level assault or battery charge is.
I will never understand that every time this topic comes up the preaccupation with what if you misuse a personal self defense weapon and something goes wrong. Well, what happens when a criminal assaults you or someone around you and you have no way of protecting yourself or them? This idea that there will be widespread abuse of self defense is just not true. Sure there are incidences,nothing is perfect. But according to very sophisticated studies a particular self defense weapon, not allowed to be mentioned in this forum, is used over 3 million times a year to stop a crime. It is one of the reasons violent crime, outside of urban cities, has been dropping significantly nation wide for years. Florida has over 13 million CC holders, so we are not talking about a small sample here, and the revocation rate is .17%. That is point one. seven per cent with the point in front. I don't want to sound like a fanatic here, but you have to be realistic here and face the truth. Not what the press tells you.
Likes For mjac: