Old 03-18-20, 04:52 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
I'm guessing that the OP knows their HR range for different levels of RPE. So yes, you overreached. If your legs don't hurt or not much, and the pain doesn't increase, you can try doing daily 1 hour zone 1 trainer rides. Don't go by HR. Go by your known speed on that trainer when in zone 1. This is when it's nice to have power. OTOH if that feels worse, you need time off. A couple day in a row usually does it. The obvious test is to get on the trainer, warm up, hit it, and see if your HR comes up normally.

All that said, the thing is that the more miles/week you have in your legs over a couple months, the more you can tolerate. Endurance trainer rides are particularly exhausting, much more so than outdoor rides, because there is no rest. If you have power and ride outdoors, it's amazing how much of the time one is soft pedaling without realizing it, even if HR is steady.

The way to build endurance is slowly. I use TrainingPeaks and upload all my workouts. Then I try to gradually increase my weekly training stress.