Old 03-21-20, 08:05 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5170 Post(s)
Liked 2,478 Times in 1,449 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild View Post
Social distancing and self isolation is common sense and I practise both of them, no need for experts to tell me to stay home....My issue is with governments imposing draconian laws which put thousands of people out of work, destroy small businesses and prevent people from going out and living their normal lives....During the 2017-2018 flu season over 40 000 000 people got the flu and over 60 000 people died, why was there no hysteria and panic about it . Coronavirus is a very particular strain of virus that just happens to be a little tougher to fight but most people who get it don't die from it....Globally over 80 000 people have recovered from this coronavirus so far.
https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coron...e-be9337092b56

Read this. Actually take 30min and read it. There are even a lot of graphs so you can cheat and not actually read the article.

Yes, this is going to seriously affect the US economy and global economies.
The alternative is tens of millions dying.

What is unacceptable is a ruined economy AND millions dead because not enough was done to prevent.
There is do nothing which will cause tens of millions to die there is mitigaton(social distancing) which is projected to just delay the inevitable same result of doing nothing, and there is suppression which will lower the number of dead.

All will destroy an economy. If nothing is done- tens of millions die and an economy is without vital producers. If mitigation is done- the same number die and there is months of uncertainty. If suppression is done- businesses fail and people are broke due to being out of work.

One of those 3 wont result in millions dead though. I choose that approach.
Likes For mstateglfr: