Old 03-21-20, 08:33 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
Most of all for not saying what some may have been thinking, "he's got more money than brains".
I think that ship sailed before the Gerc showed up.

Background, folks:
I have known the seller of that Gerc for about 10 years. I helped him a bit with advice when he was "restoring" the Gerc and a Cinelli Equipe Centurion. I gave him a standing offer on the Equipe, but he said he was going to give it to his son. He had a jersey made for me, but we lost touch over the years.

Years pass and an Equipe came up for sale here on BF, sort of. A member queried me about value before/after restoration, and I made an offer, picked it up. As I went through the box of parts, the brake pads, decals (that I created) and hoods I recommended showed up, not that I remembered right away. The envelope for the Velocals had the return address of the same man I helped with restoration advice 10 years ago. Seems I ended up with the bike after all...

So, when nomadmax mentioned the Gerc, I vouched for the seller and the bike. Turns out his definition of condition differs from Allan's and mine. I still feel bad about the expense Allan went through. I find some relief knowing that the bike is prettier now than it would ever be in the original green and orange.. At least there is a good ending.

It couldn't be with a better owner. I have seen it in person, and the pictures don't come close to how great it is.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 03-21-20 at 08:44 PM.
Likes For RobbieTunes: