Old 03-22-20, 10:40 PM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
A few years ago, I was not willing to spend real money on lights. Then as I was dissatisfied with the lights I bought, I incrementally increased the amount I spent, and each time I spent more, I realized it was worth it. I've never spent $200 on a light; I think the most I've spent is around $80. I can see that the Outbound is worth every penny. I might buy one, one day. I've been waiting for your review, because I could tell you have a sensible outlook about these things. I really appreciate this review.
Thank you, sir. I am happy to spend more money on things that ultimately are really going to improve the riding experience significantly over time. I don't race. I would never, ever buy Dura Ace, even though everyone agrees it is awesome. Quite sure it is. But for what I do, 105 or Ultegra are just outstanding.

We enjoy a sometimes quite spendy hobby. Very easy to spend $5K on a new bike. I do try to save money where I can. Clothing is one area I have found I can save a bit recently. I do some of my own basic maintenance and stuff. But this light, clearly on the expensive side when compared to other basic headlights, has really changed the riding experience for me. And I do think it is providing a bit of a safety advantage as a result. Onward!
Likes For bpcyclist: