View Single Post
Old 03-28-20, 05:57 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Originally Posted by martymc
It's definitely an SLR 7 Disc and not a SLR 9. As an added negative, the Project One paint job is one I'd never, ever pick. It makes it easier to not get irrational.

Will start calling around for a 2019. I'm a 60cm which may increase my odds / hopefully.
I ride a 60cm. They are fairly hard to find in a shop. I was talking to Trek about a Project One bike I was having built and customer service told me that they build 60cm frames when ordered. They sell so few bikes in the 60cm size. The other thing to consider is not having a warranty. There is a possibility, the amount which seems to be of great debate, that the bottom bracket area might need repair at some time in the life of the bike. There really isn’t an easy way to tell which frames will need this repair. It may have had an issue and been repaired with oversized bearings, which is not a permanent repair. I ride Treks because they fit me and my riding style well. I have had two bikes need repair out of the four I own(ed). I would not risk that at the price that individual wants