View Single Post
Old 03-29-20, 07:03 AM
mazak321

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by freeranger View Post
Not the best time to get started, with all that's going on. SO MANY different types of bikes-drop bar road, flat road, mountain, hybrid, cruiser, etc. And lots of variations within the different categories. Most bike shops closed, and if they are open, I would doubt they would offer a test ride so you could tell if the bike fits and is one you'd enjoy riding. Guess you could go used-from local Craigslist or whatever, but would you be at ease with riding a bike that you didn't know who rode it before you, or if someone did test ride it, did the owner wipe it down good. Glad to hear of your interest in joining the cycling community, but test riding a bike might be difficult right now. Are the shops open in your area? If they are, would be a good place to start. Whatever you do, please don't buy a big box store bike.
I thought the same thing. Right now may be a challenging time. I believe the bike stores are exempt from the current count executive order as they provide transportation services. Because of everything I turned to the internet to start my search and figured when the worked got back to "normal" I could be more informed.

Thanks for your feedback!