View Single Post
Old 03-30-20, 06:11 AM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 206 Posts
Top 3 is tough, and I have not had near as many as a lot of you guys seem to have/have had. So here goes:
1) Custom Paterek I had in late 70's. I worked for Tim at the Village Pedaler in River Falls WI as a college student. He did the torch work, I did all of the filing and fitting and clean up. Reynolds 531 SL (?) with regular 531 down tube and chain stays. Lots of braze-ons, first vertical drop outs i had ever seen, investment cast BB and fork crown, Prugnat long point lugs (investment cast, I seem to remember, if that is a thing?) Also first bike i have ever seen with recessed brake fittings. mix of Campy record, and SR, with Zeus 2000 (2001) brakes and hubs. Painted in a very 80's dark blue Imron, with matching Silca pump. Stolen from my parents garage when i was home for the summer.
2) Current CF road bike. 2012 or '13 Pinarello FP Quatro, in Black on Black (BoB) color scheme. Full Campy Chorus, and Campy Bullet 50 wheels. rides like a dream
3) Masi 3V Volumetrica that I recently acquired. If it had brifters, you would swear it was a modern CF bike. Handling is sharp, and ride feel is not as harsh a the contemporaneous reviews would have you believe.

Likes For mgopack42: