View Single Post
Old 03-30-20, 01:21 PM
wawine

Bikes: 1959 Bianchi Team issue ex G Barale, 1964 Garlatti, 1971 Cinelli SC Spence Wolfe, 1980 Bianchi Rekord 748, 1982 Raleigh Comp MKII, 1989 Vitus 979 / Chorus

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by obrentharris
What, no pictures?!
Please. I want to see these bikes.
Brent
here is the Puch. It was found in a steel recycling facility in Germany, sent to a bike guy in Poland, because of the Campagnolo headset and bottom bracket, who then sold it on eBay, not understanding what it was. I contacted Peter, who assisted me in rebuilding it up the way it was in 1982, even providing photos of him riding it in the TdF.

The Bianchi is undergoing a complete repaint, as it had been repainted at least twice before I got it, once with braze ons added, which I had to obviously remove. Taking a long time to get done, but when it is, there will be lots of photos.

the Paratella is new to me as of last November. Some tubes were repainted in the original color years ago, covering the decals and seat tube fade. I had decals designed and made, and now it is in the shop to get the seat tube fade just right. This is a photo of Nino Defillipis on an identical bike, possibly this one ( but I think not, but this is the only color photo I could find of one of the road bikes)

Last edited by wawine; 03-30-20 at 01:29 PM.