Johnk3

Bikes: Simoncini, Wilier (2), Cinelli Supercorsa, Cicli Barco XCr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Kilroy1988
Howdy folks!

Maybe a fun thread idea, maybe not... I currently only own vintage bicycles, but have had a couple of new or newish ones in the past. I am bored and perusing some of the new technology and wondering what I would go for if I were in the market for something fresh. I haven't chosen yet but will come back with some idea!

So, my question is this... For those of you out there like me, who currently do not own a modern bicycle, which one would you choose?

The only caveat is that you have to choose something that actually looks modern! No classic steel frame designs, etc.

Cheers!

-Gregory
My new stainless Barco XCr is a lot newer than carbon fiber, but it has a carbon fiber seat post, stem, handlebars, steering tube and saddle rails. It also has direct mount Campy brakes which are very new. Carbon fiber frames have been around since Greg LeMond won the Tour de France on a Look carbon frame bike in 1986. Columbus first started making stainless XCr tubes in 2007. Although this is steel, the tube dimensions are much larger and thinner than classic steel frames so the look is completely different, and newer, than most carbon frame shapes. The carbon parts are WR Compositi an Italian company that also makes wheels, bike frames and parts for Ferrari and Lamborghini. The group set is Campagnolo Super Record 12 speed which is very new. The pedals are Look Keo Blade with titanium shafts and ceramic bearings, also very new.

Last edited by Johnk3; 03-30-20 at 04:27 PM.
Likes For Johnk3: