Old 02-06-06, 10:42 AM
zipgunII

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NYC/Brooklyn Road Cycling Newbie

Hello all,
I have been spending the last 4-5 months getting aquainted with my newly aquired road racer (Its not new, its a cannondale r1000 from 2001, and I love it dearly). I have been riding at every opportunity around prospect park, and I have been doing 2 days a week of spin at the local ballys. I have also been doing computrainer at citycoach.org once a week. I've lost some 20 pounds (5'8", 160 lbs, 35 years old) and I feel great. So great in fact, that I am thinking of taking the next step and getting formally involved in competitive racing. specifically, I have a new years resolution of participating in at least 1 mass start race this coming spring. So my question is, what to do next. The guy at city coach has been teaching me pedalling techniques, but I don't know anyone in the community, and I still need to develop my skills/strength/endurance. I'm thinking of joining a cycling club to help with these things, but I'm not sure which one is best for someone like me. Any advice for this newbie is greatly appreciated.