Old 04-02-20, 10:23 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by alloo
I don't think that Cities are dead. Transit rider ship is down 70% in Denver. Civilization was built on cities/towns/villages. The US in the late 20th century is built along the suburbs. Besides our infrastructure cannot handle all the cars of the suburbs. As a country, we prioritize entertainment, prisons, and military...etc. The results of suburbanization is social isolation, less bicycle friendly, more obese people, and fast food. You can take precautions by wearing masks and gloves. I prefer to be around people have lived the commuting life. Not for me. No thank you. Some transit agencies are free during this time. We're supposed to stay home. I ride my bike to work and have been enjoying less crowded roads. Our air quality has been better. Grocery shopping is getting better. You can always get your groceries delivered. I also ride a scooter around and love seeing people interact.

It isn't cities that are dead or even dying. It is the concept of dense living, mass congregating that is taking a cultural hit. Towns and villages are easy to get people to go into their homes and avoid groups. But that doesn't "seem to be" the culture of the dense living urban citizen. It seems once out of sight of authority they seem to go back to old habits. And the attitude towards that activity is now coming into question. Even you seem to enjoy fewer people on your ride to work. For people used to living separate lives extreme measure don't seem necessary. . https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...ing-violations