View Single Post
Old 04-07-20, 07:36 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbaman
Hey thanks for looking out!
I'm not even exactly sure about my exact frame size, but the size Medium Sirrus I rode the other day was perfect, and my Stumpjumper is perfect for me too. I'm 5'9" with average proportions (but heavy) and 56 yrs old. That Bianchi Virata looks great and since it's a medium it would probably also be right, but I'm for sure looking for a straight handlebar bike, racing handlbars DESTROY my back!
Thanks again!
Few people your age(I was there a while back) ride on the down portion of drop bars..the tops and top corners of drop bars see all the use...and this is the same height as straight bars...basically. You'll find straight-bar "road bikes" are a much harder animal to find. You may be looking for a fast hybrid bike. At 5'9"..you'll be looking for about a 54cm frame. The key point in your fit will be primarily the effective top tube length..if you get that right, most everything else will fall into place.
Likes For fishboat: