View Single Post
Old 02-06-06, 02:54 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace, Cannondle Tandem/Ultegra, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by p8rider
Nice report-jppe- perhaps I should mapquest a route from here and make it one of my long rides for this year. With that distance I would take the wimp route to the top. I got home this last Fri night and road yesterday as well. The wind was some of the strongest I have ridden in awhile. At one point on my ride with the wind totally at my back I was moving along at 28mph. Normally on that section I am riding 19-21.
No 100 plus miles, but for me being away so much just getting in 23+ was nice.

I saw in one of your posts that you were holed up out west maybe in Seattle?? As tough as the conditions were yesterday 23 miles is certainly an excellent workout. For me, riding into the wind works on my mental attitude as much as the physical part. Hopefully when some of these long rides with a lot more climbing (like Mitchell) come up I will be more mentally prepared!!

I'm envious of the areas you have to ride. You have Hanging Rock and Pilot Mtn where you can work those into your routes and get in some excellent climbing as well. That climb up Pilot is about as tough as they come in these part. Hope to see you out there some time!!