Old 04-10-20, 08:50 AM
KiwiMtnClmbr

Bikes: 11 Kona Jake, 08 Kona Ute, 05 Klein Q-Pro XV, 86 Centurion Elite RS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by nesteel View Post
At $250, its a buy for me. You get one of the best '80's touring frames made, and you don't have to worry about scratching it.
Parts are mix, but you're going to make changes to suit your tastes anyway, so is it really a bad thing?
I'd pull it apart and go through all the bearings, and replace all consumables. If you're keeping this and not flipping, you'll be fine with the investment.
Those brakes on that frame will be able to take a 700c wheel if you decide to go that route in the future.
This if one of those framesets that people undervalue when they're looking to buy, and overvalue when they're looking to sell. At $250 this one appears to be priced correctly. There looks to be no structural issues with it.
I talked myself into it for the same reasons overnight when the babies kept me from sleeping. Even messaged seller at 0200. Fast forward to a few min ago, and he's taken the listing down and decided to hold onto it. I'm bummed, but truth is I don't have time or space for a teardown right now. I'm living in a hotel with a 3.5 yr old, 1.5 yr old and a 'pending' in 5 weeks. You could say we've been busy and are about to be even busier. So maybe this wasn't really a loss. That said, if it held together, I could have also rode it for the next few months and then put it into storage until I'm back in the States. Spilt milk as they say.