View Single Post
Old 04-10-20, 02:22 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 242 Posts
Originally Posted by KiwiMtnClmbr View Post
I talked myself into it for the same reasons overnight when the babies kept me from sleeping. Even messaged seller at 0200. Fast forward to a few min ago, and he's taken the listing down and decided to hold onto it. I'm bummed, but truth is I don't have time or space for a teardown right now. I'm living in a hotel with a 3.5 yr old, 1.5 yr old and a 'pending' in 5 weeks. You could say we've been busy and are about to be even busier. So maybe this wasn't really a loss. That said, if it held together, I could have also rode it for the next few months and then put it into storage until I'm back in the States. Spilt milk as they say.

Projects are best suited for someone with the time/tools/aptitude/workshop space to do them. Otherwise, they are not a blessing. Best you "missed out" on this deal. If I were you, I'd research co ops in your area and pick up a bike that has been refurbished. You want a bike to RIDE not to work on!
Likes For wrk101: