Thread: Touring locally
View Single Post
Old 04-14-20, 06:39 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Today's ride

Got in another 60 miles today. I rode my old school Ochsner that I just replaced the stock crankset with an IRD 94 BCD and 46/30 rings. The cassette is 12-28. It was a very pretty day with sunshine and winds calmer than they have been the past several days. Left the house at 8:15 with temperature in mid 40's and got home at 1:45 with temp of 57. I headed NW to start into the wind and rode in some areas I have rarely been to on a bike. All that time I saw only a couple of cyclists. Like it has been for a few weeks now, very light traffic. I did not actually go into any park/wildlife areas today, consequently very few pedestrians. A few scenic pictures coming up. All the mill ponds in this area are suffering from degradation of water quality and flow. Residential areas are expanding all around them. They have issues with getting choked with algae and vegetation through the summer months. I used to fish these ponds a lot of years ago. Fishing was great with bass, pickerel and all types of panfish, and very few people on or around them. Sadly for me, that is no longer true.

Upper stretch of Indian River maybe 7 miles from the inlet and ocean.

Trap Pond at Trap Pond State Park. Did not go into park but there is now a trail to hike and ride.

Old grist mill dam at Trussoms Pond

Trussoms Pond, the northernmost stand of Cypress trees in the country. Paddling around in canoe it is like being in a bayou.

Plaque about the preservation of Trussoms Pond.

Ingrams Pond and my lunch spot.