View Single Post
Old 04-16-20, 08:26 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked 829 Times in 538 Posts
Originally Posted by clubman
I've got this smallish rotary tool that reminds me of something made in the 60's. Full metal alu casing and light. One speed, seems to be around a 3 or 4 on a Dremel tool but not a lot of torque. The collet is over sized and takes threaded bit's while the top of the tool shaft looks like it would accept a flexible shaft.
It's also remarkably quiet. Wish I had some some accessories to fit but the collet is about 3/8". The lock ring is a friction fit.

I had something similar but with a plastic body.
Can't remember who made it (Maybe Steadtler?), but it was light grey.
It was a must-have when I was in college in the School of Architecture, which was just right at the very start of when CAD programs were being developed, so most of our drawings were still on vellum and mylar, drawn with technical ink pens or pencil. Went through miles of those long cylindrical, white eraser inserts from Steadtler that went into those electric erasers.
Coincidentally, I also had fun with it during slow days in school by attaching all sorts of self made grinding and drilling tips on it. Even remember using it as a fan by attaching a four bladed RC plane propeller on it!
Used the same electric eraser for the whole 5 years I was in college. I bet it's still somewhere deep in my junk in the garage somewhere and would still work if I plug it in.
84 Peugeot PY10FC
84 Gitane Tour de France.
85 Vitus Plus Carbone 7
86 ALAN Record Carbonio
86 Medici Aerodynamic (Project)
88 Pinarello Montello
89 Bottecchia Professional Chorus SL
95 Trek 5500 OCLV (Project)