View Single Post
Old 04-18-20, 07:49 PM
Fredo_Adagio

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts
Originally Posted by iamLefty
Hey guys. Anyone know a good courier service in Canada that can deliver a bike from Giant Langley to Sechelt? My brother wants to buy a bike from them, but they said they can’t ship it, but they can box it and my brother can have a courier pick it up. Also, any idea how much it’ll cost?

I hope you all are doin’ good. Stay safe.
Langley, BC, to Sechelt, BC, is a two and a half hour drive according to Google Maps. I don't know if that includes the time for the ferry across Howe Sound. Perhaps you or your brother should just make a day trip out of it.

In the United States, I have had bikes shipped on two occasions from California to Virginia and vice versa. Both times, the shipment was from bike shop to bike shop. I vaguely recall the total cost each time was about $250, which included 1) the cost for the first bike shop to disassemble the bike and put it in a box, 2) the cost to ship the bike across the country, and 3) the cost for the second bike shop to unbox the bike and reassemble it. My vague recollection is that each of the two bike shops charged about $75 and the shipping company charged about $100. I vaguely recall the shipping company was FedEx, but I might be wrong about that.