View Single Post
Old 04-20-20, 11:14 AM
Stevensb 

Bikes: Condor, Cinelli SC, MKM Metcalfe, Peugeot AE08, Bianchi, Cougar, Miyata, Harry Hall, Holdsworth Special, Raleigh Int'l, Le Croco, Bob Jackson, Zeus

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 53 Posts
Grand Jubile

Continued to put the GJ together.

Seat post confirmed at 26.6 and managed to find one on hand. Put an Ideale 2002 saddle on it for French correctness if not era correctness.

IMG_4913 by bj.stevens, on Flickr

Installed campy French BB. Made sure my Stronglight crank remover would thread nicely into the crank arms before installing them and it seems to work properly.

IMG_4890 by bj.stevens, on Flickr

IMG_4895 by bj.stevens, on Flickr

The Huret down tube shifters were a major challenge to get assembled and functioning correctly. They came to me assembled incorrectly and it is the first time I've worked with them. But with some patience and a Guiness I prevailed.

With everything installed I was able to go for a little test ride and for the most part it works well.

IMG_4902 by bj.stevens, on Flickr

IMG_4912 by bj.stevens, on Flickr

The Stronglight cranks have a very tiny bit of wobble to them but as this is only a temporary build I'll live with it.

The cranks are French threaded and I've installed Zeus pedals.

The Mafac brakes are still MIA so the Dura Ace calipers and Zeus levers have been used.

Only real issue seems to be that the chain periodically rubs against the inside arm of the cage by the lower jockey wheel of the RD. Tightened the jockey wheel in the cage to no avail.

I'll probably not tape the bars although I have some nice black cloth that would look great.

And, I'm not sure what will become of the frame as my wife says she still doesn't like the red. Merde! Mais, c'est la vie.

More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/148676...57713959001217

Cheers.

Brad