Old 04-24-20, 08:14 AM
mattscq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
There used to be a great Cervelo blog post, titled something along the lines of "the four and a half rules of saddle selection," but quick searches haven't turned it up recently. If you can find it with a little more digging, it's worth the read.
Is it this: https://web.archive.org/web/20141015...-saddles-.html?
I'll definitely give that a read, thanks!

I'm not actually concerned about the cadence. My average outdoor cadence had always seemed kinda low to me. I seem to like to grind at 60-80 rpm on a high gear and never quite understood why more experienced riders tend to be in the 80-100 range (I also noted that in the past in the park, other riders would be in much lower gear configurations than me doing the same speeds) until I really got a sense of what it felt like on a trainer. It was just an interesting observation.

I am a little more worried about fit though. I suppose I can try to tilt my saddle forward a tiny bit or maybe raise my bars up 5mm.

Here's a non-fit issue that I just remembered that I'd like to get everyone's ideas on as well: I think my apartment floors (I live in an old building) are slightly uneven (maybe a 1 degree tilt) and I find that throughout a 1-2 hour session, my trainer and bike likes to migrate forward a few inches, especially if I'm standing up). This is a bit of a problem since my bike will eventually bump into the desk holding my computer (and the training software) so I find that every once in awhile, I have to get up, push the trainer back, and get back on. Ideas on how to fix this if you've had similar trainer-migration issues?